Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Keep Me Warm...






The Autumm leaves have started to change their colours, shades of orange, yellow, red decorate the pretty streets of Switzerland. The temperature is chilled, outside my window the Pine trees are still green and lush, and the smell reminds me that Chrismas is just around the corner. Winter is a romantic time for me. Eating hot Marooni whilst walking on the lake is the highlight of a chilly winter day. My inspiration is drawn from simple things like the textures and colours on bark, pale driftwood , the way a city lives and breathes, chocolate caramel and icy colours like storm-blue, Absinthe, glass-green and steel. I love it when a storm is approaching, the colours change so rapidly. Music also plays a major part in my thought process, at the moment im listening to „When Im Sleepy“ and „Hooting and Howling“ by Wild Beasts and the new albums by Bat for Lashes, PJ Harvey and Massive Attack. I am inspired by watery, dreamy sounds. My looks are to inspire you, when I put together a collection I design single items with a theme, but it takes accessories, hair, make-up, and the individual to make them work. I might combine a woolen jumper with a pair of brown leather boots, then throw on an old Blazer found at a Second-hand shop then add some bracelets and a bag from the „oldbag“ collection. I use a lot of recycled items in my collections, from buttons, to fabrics to belts. They are like a jewel, a treasure to the finished product. I have started to design a new collection of suede leather bags, roomy and looks great with day street-wear. It’s still in process...

No comments:

Post a Comment